The Book Now form takes about 60 seconds to complete. We will hold your spot until we contact you to answer any questions you might have. This is your opportunity to figure out for sure if this trip is for you, without obligation. Then we’ll get you to complete our online Waiver and Application Forms before paying your deposit. Before completing and signing these forms read through them carefully and make sure you are comfortable with what you’re signing up for. If you have any questions at any time do not hesitate to contact us.
Payment and booking conditions
A deposit (typically 50%; see the trip description for the exact amount) to secure your place is due upon booking. Final payment of balance is due 3 months in advance of your trip start date unless specified otherwise on the trip information page and/or your invoice. You will be invoiced for your payments after you have confirmed your interest in the trip. Please note that deposits are absolutely non-refundable, and final payments (the remainder) are non-refundable after the final payment date.
- Pay in CAD: charges are made in CAD (foreign payments are converted to your local currency at your card company’s rate).
- Pay in your local currency: we advertise EUR, USD and GBP rates on our trip information pages. You can choose to be invoiced in one of these currencies, locking in at the rate advertised.
Pay by Credit Card
We charge an additional 3.5% fee for card transactions. If you have third party trip cancellation insurance or your credit card provides you with cancellation insurance for this trip indicate this on your application form and we will discount the convenience fee to 2%. Cancelled trips that have cancellation insurance are much less of a headache for everyone. Please consider this option. It could be a very affordable way to protect yourself. Check your credit card’s fine print to make sure this trip is covered.
Non Credit Card Payments from Canadian clients
If you do not wish to pay by credit card we ask that you pay by E-transfer, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no additional fee for Canadian E-transfers.
Non Credit Card Payments from outside Canada
You can choose to pay either in CAD or in the GBP, EUR or USD rate listed on the trip information page. Here are your options:
- Third party electronic transfer: You will need to fill out an agreement with our currency broker, Ken Fukami from Payline in Canmore, that includes your banking information (bank branch, account number, etc.) to coordinate an electronic transfer (SEPA, EFT, Direct Debit, etc.) It’s easy and it’s handled personally by a Ken, whom I know personally and who lives in my home town. There is no charge for this service and I recommend it above all others for its low cost and convenience. Contact us for details and I’ll connect you with Ken who will answer all of your questions./li>
- Wire draft (bank to bank): Your bank wires our bank the money in CAD, USD, EUR or GBP. Normally there’s no fee for this, but we reserve the right to charge a $20 CAD fee for receiving these payments in the event of surprise bank fees or other complications. See our Bank Transfer page for details.
- Cheque: in either CAD or USD at the rate listed on the trip information page on our website on the date of your booking. Please send cheques to: Thomas Wolfe, 234 Grizzly Cr, Canmore, AB T1W1B5, Canada. Only CAD and USD currencies are supported for cheque payments. No additional fee for cheques.
- Transferwise, Revolut, XE.com and other online payment services: If you wish to use one of these “new” payment services please see our Banking Details page. Use the information on this page to make bank transfer payments either using your online banking service or at your bank office. Again, there is normally no charge for receiving this form of payment but if there are any complications or suprise fees we reserve the right to charge a $20 processing fee. They work and they are a great bargain. But while these services might save you a few dollars on a $10,000 transfer vs Payline (see point 1. above) I think the advantages of using Ken are worth it.
- PayPal:PayPal transfers are charged an additional 4% fee due to the complexities of the bookkeeping and the very high fees involved.
READ CAREFULLY – BOOKING, RESERVATION, DEPOSIT: A deposit of 50% of the total price or private guiding fee is due with your booking unless otherwise indicated. Please provide us with your credit card details, do a bank transfer (account information on demand), send an E-transfer to email@example.com or mail me a personal cheque payable to Thomas Wolfe. Final payments are due 90 days before your trip starts. If you wish to pay in a currency other than what our trips are quoted in, please inquire with us for a quote in your preferred denomination. Euro payments are only accepted by bank transfers in Euro denomination. We also accept bookings from minors; however we do require the signature of BOTH parents or ALL legal guardians on both Application Form and Waiver. CONFIRMATION / TRIP INFORMATION: Upon receipt of this registration form we confirm your booking and you agree to pay your deposit within 7 days. Each trip we offer has a detailed trip information page (available on our website) with the trip details, equipment list, proposed itinerary and logistics, etc. Read through this carefully before completing your registration. TRIP (CANCELLATION / MEDICAL / EVACUATION / THEFT) INSURANCE: Once we you complete your registration, we enter into financial obligations on our side and we cannot refund payments or release you from your contractual obligations. Therefore, we highly recommend buying cancellation insurance to cover your losses for the case that you can’t participate or have to interrupt your trip “for any reason”. Also, all participants need to have internationally accepted health insurance for all activities pertaining to the trip, including coverage for emergency rescue and evacuation. If you already have insurance, please make sure that you will be covered for “roped travel” booking a technical trip including “Via Ferrata” trips. We gladly refer you to a travel insurance provider who offers “adventure travel insurance packages” and with whom our clients have had positive claims experiences in the past. Generally, you will receive the best benefits if you buy your insurance within 10 days of our booking confirmation. We strongly urge you to read our Insurance Information page carefully before booking your trip. CANCELLATIONS: If you need to cancel a reservation, please do so in writing (best by e-mail). Please see the trip information package for details on your trip’s Cancellation Policy. CANCELLED PROGRAMS: Once we confirm your booking, we guarantee your trip departure. However, we do reserve the right to change guides, particular lodging or the itinerary should unforeseen circumstances (guide sickness, hut or route closing etc.) force us to do so or should the physical condition of the participants (see below), weather or mountain conditions make a continuation as planned too risky. We will not be deemed to be in default for any delay or failure to perform our obligations under this Agreement resulting from acts of God, the elements, war, acts of government, civil or military authorities, natural calamities, catastrophe, fire, flood, accidents, epidemics, shortage of transportation, or any other like events beyond our reasonable control. PERSONAL FITNESS and GROUP TRAVEL: Our programs rely heavily on the integrity of each individual to assess his or her skill level and physical condition accurately. It is the responsibility of each participant to be aware of the necessary skill and fitness level for a particular trip. When in doubt, please call and discuss this with us! For the protection of yourself and other group members, we reserve the right to deny participation to any unprepared participant at any time of the trip, in which case we cannot offer a refund! In order to accommodate diverse levels of ability and ambition as well as diverse personalities, the decision making of the guide has to be geared towards safety and finding a consensus within the whole group, which may not please each individual participant at all times.